The perfect nude should make your face look fresh and youthful, but many of us get it all wrong and pick something that is too light, too opaque, or too beige. Key point to remember — nude lipstick isn’t only limited to the shades of beige and tan. Look for different testers to determine the right colour that flatter your complexion.
– Don’t try to combine bunch of colours to form a nude
– Avoid too much sparkle, instead go for creamy finish
– Look for lip colors with berry undertones
– Don’t use lip liner to enhance your cupid bow, instead use pencil that matches your lips, not your lipstick.
– Never overdo it!
-Perfect nude should define your lip line and highlight your undertones.
– Nude lips look best when the color is one shade lighter or darker than your complexion, rather than an exact match.
– A good shade can help make your skin look glowing and healthy.
– If you can, try to see the shade in the sunlight, the natural light is your best judge.
– Examine the shades thoroughly before buying them.
What Do Beauty Experts Say?
– Any girl can wear nude lipstick; you just have to find the right shade that complements your complexion.
– Girls with pale skin should wear a nude that has a hint of pink in its base.
– If your skin tone is medium you should go for a pink-toned nude shade that is lighter than your tone.
– If you have olive skin with cool undertones, you can experiment with a darker nude or a lighter nude so your lips don’t disappear.
– If you have olive skin with warm undertones you should look for a caramel-toned beige lipstick that is darker than the shade of your skin.
– If you have darker skin tone, go for colors like milk and dark chocolate nudes, they look gorgeous against dark skin. Also berry and papaya tones nudes are great choices to enhance the beauty of darker toned complexion.
Nude Lipstick Style Book with your Favorite Celebrities
1. Gigi Hadid
Gigi Hadid, the beautiful American fashion model and Maybelline spokeswoman, accentuated her flesh-toned nude lips with a pretty blush of bronzer along her cheekbones and a touch of highlighter that’s giving her an instant glow.
2. Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian sizzles in this glossy, pale nude pout that directed all the attention to her signature lush lashes.
3. Jennifer Lopez
Our girl J Lo has always been fond of coordinating her lip colour to her complexion; we just can’t help admiring her creamy peach nude that’s going really well with her smokey eyes and ombre tresses.
4. Jennifer Anniston
Jennifer Anniston is carrying her nude lips with lightly defined pale pink-beige pencil and coordinating gloss, and do we need to say how fabulous she looked!
Though Rihanna, may now be known for her choice of strange lip shades but she started off her career favoring nudes and pinks. This creamy café au lait hue looks amazing with her overall look.
6. Blake Lively
Blake Lively clearly proves red isn’t the only sexy lip colour, this soft mauve nude is adding a beautiful warmth to her overall look while enhancing her natural skin tone.
7. Naomi Campbell
Didn’t we say it’s all about picking the right shade? Naomi Campbell defined her lips with a pink chocolate liner, and a sheer gloss that made her look like an ultimate style diva that she is.
8. Halle Berry
Halle Berry’s perfect choice of nude lips is defining her lip line and enhancing her undertones gorgeously.