Caramel Ripple Cheesecake Cups
Calories 462, fat 33.2g, saturates 21.4g, carbohydrates 31.3g, sugars 30.9g, fiber 0.2g
100g digestive biscuit (about 20)
400g cream cheese
50g golden castor sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp caramel sauce, beaten until smooth
1. Crush the biscuits into large crumbs and divide between 4 ramekins or small glasses.
2. In a bowl, beat the cheese with the sugar and vanilla then add 4 tbsp of the sauce and beat until mostly incorporated but still streaked slightly. Carefully spoon over the biscuits and smooth the top.
3. Spoon the rest of the caramel over the top and use a tsp to swirl the top of the cheese layer with the caramel.
4. Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.
Mango Pineapple Ginger Slushy
Calories 36.1 | Total Fat 0.2 g | Saturated Fat 0.0 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g |Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks (5 oz.)
1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks (5 oz.)
1/2 cups ice cubes
3/4 cup water
1 piece (1/2 in.) fresh ginger, minced (1 Tbsp.)
1-2 tsp honey
Pinch of salt!
1. Mix fruits with sparkling water.
2. Grab the add-ins and put all ingredients in a blender.
3. Blend until smooth; sip away!
Calories: 78 | Total Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg
2 cups fresh or frozenstrawberries
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 5 lemons
1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
1 extra lemon, thinly sliced
1. Slice tops from strawberries, discard. Add strawberries, honey/brown sugar and lemon juice to a blender and pulse until strawberries are liquid.
2. Strain juice through a sieve if you prefer most of the pulp to be removed.
3. Pour juice into a 1/2 gallon pitcher, add slices of lemon, fill with chilled water. Don’t over fill pitcher with water, add just enough to make 1/2 gallon. Pour over ice and enjoy!
4. Garnish sides of glasses with lemon slice and half of a strawberry. Also, try adding a few sliced strawberries to the pitcher. Enjoy the chilled pretty drink!
Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
Calories 415, Total Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 174mg, Carbohydrate 27g, Dietary Fiber 1g
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks
Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. olive oil
½ cup honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Add a wire rack on top if possible.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add oil. When hot, stir in garlic and onions: cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add honey and soy sauce. Stir together the broth and cornstarch. Pour into pan and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Pat chicken so it is dry. Place onto rack and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
5. Place into oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for another 10 minutes. Coat chicken with some sauce and cook for another 5 minutes. Flip one more time and coat the other side of the chicken. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken reaches 160F and juices run clean.
6. Serve chicken with rice and steamed veggies if desired (and do not forget to pour on any extra sauce that is remaining!)