Fawad Khan is not just one of the most handsome and sought after men in the industry, but the most loyal partner as well. The actor who can make any girl skip a beat, married the love of his life, whom he met as a young teenager. Fawad and Sadaf Khan’s love story is no less than a fairytale.
It all began when they were just 16!
Fawad studied in Lahore Grammar School, while Sadaf attended the girls’ branch of the same school. Although, Fawad was mesmerised by Sadaf and had a crush on her, he could not gather the courage to ask her out in person. So, they started chatting online.
Fawad met with an accident and developed a diabetes problem. When he was still in the hospital, his friends told him that Sadaf was asking about him. This gave Fawad hope that Sadaf might feel the same for him.
One year later, they were still very much in love!
After a little while, the two finally set up a meeting. Fawad, within the first week of their meeting, proposed to the beautiful girl who stole his heart. And, this was the beginning of something really special. When they went to different colleges, Fawad would often wait for her outside her college. He was so consistent that even the watchman of the college thought that he was an alumni of the same college.
Fawad proposed Sadaf ten days into their relationship, LITERALLY!
I remember I proposed to her on the phone after 10 days of getting into a relationship with her. I was like, “I’ve decided that I want to live the rest of my life with you because I think I’m an old-fashioned person and I’m not in for the hanky panky.” Those were my exact words! Very cheesy, but I was like, “I really am. Will you marry me?” And you would not believe what her reply was. “Are you mad?!” So I was like, why, what’s wrong? She said, “I’m 16, what are you thinking right now? Just live it. Just live life for a while.” But for the next three years I kept pestering her, and eventually after 3 or 4 years she finally said yes.”
Getting Sadaf’s parents approval was a challenge
Fawad Khan started his career as a lead singer in a band, Entity Paradigm. His career choice as a television actor and singer was not appreciated by Sadaf’s family. They wanted Sadaf to marry someone with a conventional background. Fawad was aware of this and to prove his love to Sadaf’s family, he did a nine to five job. Finally, he got a clean chit from the elders and they approved of their match. The couple got married on November 12, 2005, right after their graduation.
Fawad on marrying the love of his life
“It’s the greatest feeling in the world if you’re married to a person who means everything to you. I know it may sound clichéd, but it is fantastic to be able to find such a person. Whatever good I have in me, is because of the influence of my wife, family and my kids. I’m having a ball.”
“She is my calm. The way she handles even the trickiest or most testing of situations is amazing.” He continued, Sadaf has a selfless kind of love for everyone around her and that makes her the most beautiful person ever. She has so much love and affection to give; it just lifts me up.”
Sadaf on being labeled as the ‘star wife’
“I don’t believe in the term ‘star wife’. I am an educated person who has a mind of her own. Sometimes I do feel it’s overwhelming being associated to Fawad because people generally tend to discredit your potential saying, ‘Oh you can do anything because of him.’ You can do a one-time venture that way but unless you have the talent backing it, you can’t make a success of it,” shares Sadaf.
Fawad and Sadaf have been together since they were teenagers. They have been married for more than a decade now. Their understanding and undivided love towards each other is an inspiration for many. They know that they belong with each other and nothing can come between them. Fawad, Sadaf, Ayaan and Elayna make a very adorable family and we hope that they stand strong like this forever.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Fawad Khan was the First Pakistani to win the Filmfare Best Actor award for his performance in Khoobsurat.
- Acting wasn’t plan A for him, Fawad wanted to be an aeronautical engineer.
- He has a degree in Computer Engineering
- His celebrity crush is Anne Hathaway
- He’s one of the highest paid actors in Pakistan
- As a child, Fawad did a fair amount of travelling before the age of 12, living in different places. Before his family settled down in Lahore, he lived in Manchester, Greece and Saudi Arabia.
- His first stint in front of the camera was in 2000, in a TV show called Jutt and Bond.
- When Shoaib Mansoor was looking for someone to play the role of Sarmad in Khuda Kay Liye he initially had asked Ali Zafar. Due to scheduling conflicts, Ali Zafar was unable to commit and the role landed in Fawad’s lap and that my friends is when the ball started rolling.
- Fawad admits to being a big fan of karelay (bitter gourd).
- Fawad is very particular about his apparel. Not even a single crease should show on a shirt; his trousers should fit flawlessly and the shoes? Polished of course.
- This may come as a surprise to many but the singer-cum-actor is massively in touch with his sentiments. “I am also very emotional, cry easily and I think a hundred times before saying something to someone that has the potential of even remotely hurting their feelings.”