She comes from a family of actors, directors, singers and writers; he is a nephew of famous TV actor, Adnan Siddique and together they are the most loved couple of Pakistan’s showbiz industry. With so much talent running in their genes, Zara and Asad were destined to be the stars. He started his career with a 2009 comedy series, Azar Ki Aayegi Baraat; she won hearts with the impressive display of acting seven-years-later in the drama serial, Dharkan.
Aries born Asad is an MBA (Master’s in Business Administration) from Karachi. Born and raised in Karachi, Zara Noor Abbas, daughter of veteran actress Asma Abbas, moved to Lahore to complete her graduation in Mass Communication from Beacon House University. Growing up Zara and Asad didn’t know each other but fate had some other plans.
From broken hearts to finding love
Asad and Zara had their fair share of heartaches before cupid played its role. They both were previously married and came out from toxic relationships to find solace in one another. Last year, Zara spoke about her first marriage and divorce in a Tedx Talk titled, Power of a Single Decision, at GCU Lahore. She talked about her marriage and divorce, and encouraged girls to know their true worth and never ever give up on their dreams.
Zara met Asad Siddiqui at a film premiere; they both were divorced by then. Although, she found him really charming, but it was not just his charm that won her over. Zara got smitten by Asad’s humbleness, simplicity and purity of heart. His unpretentious nature and commitment to family drew them together. Theirs wasn’t love at the first, scared from the past experiences they took time understanding each other before reaching any decision.
After careful consideration, in December 2017, Zara and Asad finally decided to change their status to man and wife. The couple got married in the most romantic fashion; they were engaged months before they tied the knot. Their wedding was an elaborate star studded affair with dholki, sangeet and other wedding festivities that kept social media and fashion police busy. Zara and Asad went against the norms of wedding traditions and broke the stereotypes by wearing black on their big day. The happy couple was a vision in colour coordinated bridals. Zara wore a black velvet crop with an embellished golden skirt and a black net dupatta. She was not the traditional shy bride and he wasn’t some serious looking groom, they were two adorable people in love getting married who enjoyed their wedding to the fullest.
The two are proverbial love birds and never shy away from sharing their love and support for each other. They often share bits of their lives with their fans; their Instagram feeds are filled with aww-worthy moments from everyday life. Since the time news of their relation got public, social media going crazy over the immense cuteness the couple shares.
Both Zara and Asad are enjoying a lot of success in their respective careers. Asad has done countless dramas and has taken challenging roles to prove his acting prowess. He is currently seen playing a lead role in Wajahat Rauf’s ongoing web series Enaaya, opposite actors Mehwish Hayat and Azfar Rehman. Zara is all set to make her big screen debut with Asim Raza’s much awaited project, Paray Hut Love.
Did you know?
- Legendary actress and Zara’s maternal aunt, Bushra Ansari tried to play cupid for them when she first met Asad on the sets of popular comedy series, Azar Ki Aayegi Baraat.
- Actress Sajal Ali silenced the rumors surrounding their relationship status by breaking the news of their engagement to the media.
- Asad had made quite an impression with his flawless debut performance in the role as Vicky for the serial, Azar Ki Aayegi Baraat, opposite industry’s well-known artists like Bushra Ansari, Javed Shaikh, and Saba Pervaiz.
- Zara also has Masters in Film Making and Film Direction degree from USA
- Zara is an expert swimmer and has won a bronze medal in a 2006 competition held in India.
- Besides acting, Zara is also a dress designer and designs casual and comfortable clothing under the label, Zara Noor Abbas Clothing for women.