The much awaited cricket tournament of 2018 Pakistan Super League (PSL) kickstarted last night and we know what we’ll be doing for the next 22 days. The glitzy opening ceremony with star studded performances at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium had everything you could dream of. The magnificent display of fireworks, spectacular gymnastics and light show was a treat to fans across the world.
We have shortlisted 10 of the most defining moments from HBLPSL ceremony last night, but hey don’t forget to share your favourite moments (in case they got missed out) in the comments section.
1. When internationally acclaimed Sachal Orchestra set the tone of the evening playing the national anthem of Pakistan. We could feel the goosebumps on every repeat.
2. The Spectacular trophy handover, for a minute we thought we were watching PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games!
3. When Ali Zafar set the stage on fire with his flying…literally FLYING performance!
4. American singer, songwriter, and dancer Jason Derulo’s exhilarating performance took everyone’s breath away, especially when he performed his famous tracks Want to Want Me Arrived and Swalla. Jason won the hearts with his very sweet ‘Assalam o Alaikum’ greeting to the crowd.
5. When the 6 captains representing their teams: Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Peshawar Zalmi, Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United and Multan Sultans posed with the dazzling trophy.
6. And the hosts, Hareem Farooq and Bilal Asharaf.
7. Shehzad Roy took everyone’s breath away with his killer performance for Karachi Kings’ song ‘Lo Phir Say Miley’ with snappy dance troupe performing alongside.
8. It was too difficult to ignore Darren Sammy, who couldn’t part ways from the beautiful trophy that he claimed already belongs to Peshawar Zalmis in his recent tweet.
Man, he is serious!
9. And the brand ambassadors!
10. Last but definitely not the least on the list was Abida Parveen’s exhilarating performance. The legendary Sufi singer took the crowd on a mystical journey with a medley of her famous classics. The repetitions of Dama Dam Mast Qalandar with Sufi dancers and whirling dervishes gave goosebumps to all those watching.